Introduction To “New Testament Postcards”
I want to thank Wade Webster, of the Southaven Church of Christ in Southaven, MS for many of the thoughts for these lessons. He gave these at Polishing the Pulpit at Sevierville, TN.
-Some Characteristics of “Postcards”
What are some of the things you think about when you hear the word “postcard?”
- Postcards are very short. They are less than a page.
- Postcards are sent until individuals can talk face to face.
- Postcards are generally informal. They are sent by friends to friends.
- Postcards let loved ones know that you are okay and that you are thinking of them.
- Postcards are often accompanied by a beautiful picture.
- Postcards are cheaper to send than other correspondence.
- Postcards are generally kept or saved for generations.
- Postcards may be, and often are, read by others.
- Postcards often reveal future plans